OK, so Miss Cranberry Fries put in a request, and I shall deliver. I'm the deliverying kind.
But, there is an asterisk to this post: None of these things can be used against me should Brodi demand ANOTHER revote. (Brodi keeps insisting we revote on the order of Craziness in The SIX. She likes to do this when one of us is having a bad day and something atypical happens, like when Bree tries to burn her house down, or ... well, mostly when Bree is having a bad day. I know, rude right?)
I am turning 30 this next week and as well all know that week can be traumatic and we might be forced to do things we wouldn't normally do ... like wear tassels in Vegas (I'll be in Vegas next week, but not, ironically, to celebrate turning 30. I'm going for a business convention, which I'll be honest is pretty awesome. Shoe Convention. That's pic is what we call a "condo" aka booth space. See? You already it's awesome).
So, I say this list and next week in Vegas are totally off limits. And with that, my 25 things you may or may not know:
1. I am obsessed with my pillow. It's on my list of things I need to pack for Vegas. Can't sleep without it.
2. My junior high school teacher selected me as the most "recessive" person in class. We were discussing genetics and apparently I am living proof of bucking the natural trend: Red hair, green eyes, short, left-handed, weird ear lobes.
3. I cannot smell skunk. Call me a liarliarpantsonfire, but it's true. My brother can't either.
4. I can make wicked awesome "Raptor" noises. As in Veloci-raptor.
5. I suck on my bottom lip. All the time. Childhood habit that has not gone away. Leave me alone.
6. I'm a motorcycle accident survivor. Still pull gravel out of my arm occassionally and have some great scars, but the doctor assured me my head was FINE people. FINE.
7. Pink has never been my favorite color. Even when I was 4. I liked yellow. I felt like an outcast and pretended to like pink as a kid, but ew. Pink.
8. I want to be Diane Lane. The "it" factor we're all looking for? It belongs to Diane.
9. I applied to be on Ellen. I wasn't cool enough.
10. Making phone calls kind of scares. OK, really scares me. I have no idea why, so if I call you, just know I'm not being rude, I'm paranoid.
11. I have perfect vision, but always wanted to wear glasses. I wore my mom's glasses around the house all the time.
12. I cannot recall anyone teasing me for having red hair. I'm sure it happened (kids still tease, right?), maybe it didn't bother or something, but I can't remember it.
13. Growing up I never wanted to be a SAHM. I always thought I'd have a career of some sort, but really there is nothing greater than staying home.
14. Capes are cool, and I wanted one when I was little. It's why I would be a princess at Halloween. It's really not all about the tiara.
15. Secrets of Nimh is the scariest movie ever. Fellow authors need a creepy villian? An old rat and a freaky owl. There ya go. Scare the pants of everyone!
16. There is only one kind of acceptable sheet: Sateen. Go buy them now and thank me later.
17. I can swim, but am not a "swimmer." I still plug my nose. I tried practicing in the bath tub all the time, but it's true what they say ... you CAN drown in 2 inches of water.
18. I used to say "dround" ... probably until I was 18. You didn't drown, you dround.
19. The Last Unicorn is one of the best movies ever. Also has some creepy villains, but hellooo ... unicorns! I'm a-liiiiiiive. Great theme song.
20. Naive should have been my middle name as a teenager. So many jokes I didn't get ... and there are still occassions when I ask Ben to translate for me.
21. I cannot spell occassions. ocassions? occasions? Ah, that one.
22. Ironically, I won the Spelling Bee at my school when I was in the 4th grade. My winning word: Elusive. Went to Region and lost. Losing word: Census.
23. I once dated a guy who was born on Oct. 23rd and he insisted that 10:23 was a magical time or something, I can't remember what now, but that number 23 comes up all the time!
24. Peanut butter M&Ms are the fruit of the gods.
25. Uniqua is my favorite.
World's longest blog post. Thanks for sticking around for the whole thing.